If you’re a gay guy you probably see it all too often on sites like Manhunt or Grindr – guys who claim to have a muscular build who are really robust and fat. If you’re in the gym you may also notice all the guys who seem to live in the gym but hardly look like it. What gives? You see, guys are really good about working out and lifting weights. They are also really dumb when it comes to nutrition and what they’re putting into their bodies.
If you’re hoping to get ripped and think you can do it with just exercise, you’re not going to get the results you want. Hell, you’re really just wasting your time and venturing to the gym to cruise and check out guys in their jocks in the locker room. If you’re serious about getting into shape and living a healthy lifestyle, you need to wisen up about what you’re consuming. You should start looking into supplements like SARMs from sites like https://sarms.io/ so you know what option is best for you. You would be surprised how something as simple as your choice of beverage can impact everything from the fat that covers your abs to how many added years you have tact on to the end of your life to enjoy. Below are 6 tips and easy tricks that will have you not only shedding some heavy weight but will also leave you feeling energized and ready to tackle whatever life throws at you. You want to burn fat and begin getting shredded without having to spend hours in the gym, right? Of course. Then make these minor tweaks to your daily habits to see impressive results:
1. Ditch coffee and switch to green tea. You probably think tea is for real queens but green tea is for anyone looking to speed up their weight loss. There are dozens of studies and sites hyping the greatness of green tea and for the most part, you should believe them all. A study done last year reported that a combination of green tea extract and caffeine resulted in more weight loss than just caffeine alone. A lot of muscle guys and studies will quickly tell you that caffeine is great for you but few will tell you that the caffeine in tea, green tea specifically, can rev up your metabolism naturally. Oh, and did I mention green tea will boost your immune system, keeping you healthy all year long and will cut your risk of various diseases? Drink 3-4 cups each day. The Benefit: You’ll burn an additional 3,500-10,000 calories each month if you do this daily.
2. Boost your testosterone with supplements. Yes, lifting weight does naturally boost your testosterone and you may feel quite manly as you lift and squat for the boys in the gym but you still aren’t getting enough testosterone flowing. University of Connecticut has done research and recommends taking 2 grams of L-carnitine each day before your lift. Why? It can increase the number of testosterone receptors in your body by 13%. The more receptors you have, the better your testosterone will be able to help you recover and grow more muscle. It might be worth doing some research about what testosterone boosters are available so that you can start building some serious muscle.
3. Drink a protein shake before you workout. The standard has been to workout and then you enjoy a protein shake afterward. Wrong. To give your body a boost of energy that will help you workout better and perform your exercises with more vigor, drink that shake before you workout. Your body will be thankful for the boost of nutrients and while working out will better use them than if you were to consume them afterward. This simple move increases the uptake of amino acids in your body by 79% and it’s those amino acids that are used by your body to build muscle, not the weight you’re lifting.
4. Weigh in often. Oh, don’t be a little gurly man – step up on the scale and do it often. You shouldn’t be weighing yourself for the sake of comparing your weight to other guys but as a way to track your progress. Listen guys, everyone is a different height and therefore there’s no real standard of what’s skinny and what’s fat. Weighing yourself helps you figure out if you’re packing on pounds or if you’re slimming down. Tracking your weight, and what you eat for that matter, makes you feel more accountable. A 2008 study revealed that both women and men lost more weight when they weighed themselves at least once a month. I say weigh yourself once a week as a reminder of what you’re trying to accomplish with your health and training.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Gay or straight, guys tend to think that eating steaks and meets is a good diet. A guy will quickly run out for a burger or pizza but will often times forget to balance that diet with fruits and vegetables. You need to eat and for the most part, you need to eat often and lots of food to keep yourself fueled. Cut back on the meat for once and start deep throating some vegetables and fruits. Penn State did a study on people who ate a diet of mostly fruits and vegetables for 12 months and found that they lost more weight than those who followed so-called “low-fat” diets. Need more incentive? Doing this could help you lose 5-10 pounds each year.
6. Take creatine and beta-alanine for muscle growth and strength. Yes, creatine gives you an energy boost that you can use to pound out more sets in the gym but you’ll be able to do even more in the gym when you take the best creatine with beta-alanine. This will help you tire less easily when you’re training hard and so you’ll do more, and you’ll see greater results. Take 6 grams of beta-alanine along with your creatine each day you workout.